Fashion Faux Pas or First Past the Post? We Love KB looks back over the last 15 years of the wackiest Kalgoorlie Boulder Race Round Fashion.
Every year in Kalgoorlie Boulder we welcome in Spring with a pretty smashing party – The Kalgoorlie Boulder Race Round! So far, we’ve shared some amazing looks that you can buy locally and had a reflective moment on fashion photography which showcased local photographers and designers against the stunning backdrop that is the Goldfields.
This week we’re taking a moment to look back on some of the wackier Race Round fashion outfits, not quite the calibre of the Hannan’s Cup Ladies Day Fashions on the Field entrants but we’ve gotta’ give them kudos for creativity in bucking the trend.
1) The reigning Queen of quirky raceround fashion, Kalgoorlie’s own Fanny Cracker!
2) And err, the King?
3) Go full superhero, or go home.
4) We like to call this look “Kalgoorlie Smart Casual”
5) They wear your grandad’s clothes. They look incredible.
6) Don’t you just hate it when you show up wearing the same outfit as the Champions Marquee?
7) Group costumes for the win!
8) We’re all quite mad here
9) When in doubt, wear a loud coloured suit.
10) Or a bold print
11) Hash House Harrier chic
12) We love a bit of headwear ingenuity
13) Practical fashion in that Kalgoorlie sunshine!
14) Coming down in pairs
15) The stuff of nightmares
16) One to take home to meet your mum
17) Whatever this is
18) Party in your pants
19) My Little Pony prêt-à-porter
20) Got to admire the dedication to collecting materials to create this themed outfit!
Recognise yourself or a friend? What’s your fashion pick? Let us know in the comments below!
Whether you want to follow the classic spring racing guidelines with your outfit or are just looking for a day of fashion-free fun don’t forget to get your tickets early! Gate entry, marquee and catering options are all available for pre-purchase from the Kalgoorlie Boulder Racing Club website.
All images used are the property of the KBRC.